Alkire.org

A website dedicated to the Alkire surname
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Medical question
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:11 pm 

Hi, I'm Kiki Rohde (Karen Gary-Rohde) and just found out how to access this board. My mother is Constance Alkire and my Grandfather was Rolla Alkire.

My immediate family is showing a strong family history of brain tumors and anuerisms (sp?). My first cousin jas a brain tumor, 2nd cousin has 3 brain tumors, my Mother has an anuerism. Is this a familial trait? Any other that anyone knows of?

Please respond if you know of any others...... Thanks, Kiki

Post subject: Brain problems
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:41 am 
Hi Kiki,

and welcome to the family board......
I am not aware of any familial predisposition towards either brain tumors, clotting, or "blow-outs"......
It could be that there are some other circumstances at work in your line that might be causing that....
When looking thru the death certificates of those who have preceded us, there are a variety of causes that seem to be listed.....heart attacks, cancer of various parts, strokes, old age, "softening of the brain".....etc.

But if it seems your family is prone towards that sort of medical problem, it would be prudent to increase check ups in those areas....

Take care,
Ian Alkire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:38 pm 

Thank you for your quick response. this may sound silly but this is the Alkire sight that is Rolla Alkire's Family? KIkI

Post subject: Brain Tumors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:43 pm 
I lost my father not to long ago,, first he had an anurism then a brain tumor. He was very young. I am getting a strong sense that this is something that is possibly in the family.

Post subject: Rolla Merrit Alkire
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:17 pm 
Hi, Our Rolla was born in Hoopston, and died in Chicago Heights, IL You can access the family data at "Alkire Genealogy" there are 3 databases to check. Most will find help in the Ohio file, it being the largest. I too am interested in this health issue, but my line is distant from the Alkire name.
Carl

Post subject: Re: Medical question
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:40 am 

I too am interested in any gene Defects I see from prior post that heart Conditions it happens that I have a non cureable gentic defect called left Ventrical non compaction cardiomyopathy. I also have a cyst on my brain. This all could be conquinadental as my first Alkire is Sarah Alkire that Married John Samuel McCauley this is pretty far back. They are my direct line as well. Does anyone know the Alkire Hypogroup? Do you have any death Certificates for this line? I would be interested in what past down this line. :P